A message from Jessica Enders, Principal
31 May 2017
From today, I am on sabbatical from Formulate for a year and am not taking on new projects.
Formulate Information Design turned 10 in 2017. It's been a decade of many great projects, helping organisations collect data via more efficient, effective and user-friendly forms. Some of the highlights include:
- making it easier for Victorians to apply for family violence intervention orders
- creating an online insurance quote form that disrupted the industry
- designing a simpler and more accessible suite of forms relating to the National Diabetes Subsidy Scheme
- helping a number of hospitals and utilities reduce the burden of, and resulting errors from, their forms
- developing a standard for online form design which is to be adopted across the whole government of Victoria (Australia).
Running a trailblazing small business in a niche (forms) of a niche (user experience) hasn't always been easy. In addition to client projects, I tried to raise awareness through many conference presentations and workshops, in-house training courses, blog posts, tweets and online magazine articles. All of which takes considerable effort and energy.
The time has come to take a break from Formulate. For the next year, I'm going to be exploring a few different things, all outside forms and UX. The Formulate twitter account will be inactive, and I will respond to emails infrequently.
If you need specialist form design help, may I recommend:
Howick Designs (Sydney)
Finally, thank you to all of my clients, peers, partners, friends and family, who have supported me and the Formulate vision over the past decade. It would not have been a success without your open-mindedness, generosity and talent.