Whenever you collect data — from customers or constituents, staff or stakeholders — Formulate can ensure you do so in the most efficient, effective and satisfying way possible.
What we do
Proven strategic advice on the best way to gather information, from how to word questions to overall business process.
Mixing text and graphics to create a seamless, intuitive user experience. Delivered to you as either print-ready files (for paper forms) or annotated visual designs (ready for developers of electronic forms).
Standard or bespoke training sessions for organisations that regularly create forms, applications and other processes that require information input. Find out more about training.
Formulate conducts independent research on form use and best-practice design, ensuring you’ll always get up-to-the-minute thinking and first-class results.
How we work
Our approach is one of partnership, drawing on our two decades of experience with public, private and not-for-profit organisations.
First, we work with you to understand goals, context, requirements and constraints. Then we conduct targeted activities, which typically include:
- Primary research with users, exploring needs and desires, perceptions and behaviours, through the use of:
- interviews with target audience
- observation of people using forms, in realistic contexts.
- Analysis of secondary data:
- Completed forms
- Logs from your call centres, online help teams and branches, together with anecdotal reports from staff
- Web analytics
- External source data (e.g. market research reports and segmentations).
- Analysis of business needs:
- Clarification of major goals (often not identified)
- Context and constraints.
- Process mapping
- Wireframing & prototyping
- Visual design.
- Usability and user experience testing.
Contact Formulate Information Design today to discuss your form requirements.